Ways to Give
Thank you for considering a gift to the ECU School of Dental Medicine. Your gift makes a great impact at our new school. In addition to supporting our School of Dental Medicine Priority Fund to assist with the Dean’s priorities, we also invite you to consider the funds listed below to support our students, patients, faculty and staff. Please go to the “Payment Methods” page for payment options. If you have questions, please contact 252-737-7063. Again, our sincere thanks.
School of Dental Medicine Priorities (Provide funds for the Dean’s highest and/or most urgent priorities.)
Support Dental Students
Scholarships enable us to attract the best students and to offer financial assistance based on need and/or merit. Funding is also needed to support student programs, activities, and travel.
- Dental Medicine Scholarship Fund (Scholarships in $1,000 increments are awarded to students annually.)
- Dental Medicine Student Support Fund (Support student programs, activities, and travel.)
- Old North State Dental Society Student Affairs Fund (Enhance efforts to recruit, retain, and support traditionally underrepresented groups.)
Support Patient Care
Oftentimes patients need assistance to “bridge the gap” between the cost of educationally beneficial procedures and patients’ ability to pay. The need is great, and supporting this cause is crucial to our mission.
- Dental Medicine Patient Care Fund (Provide financial assistance for educationally beneficial dental procedures and help our patients and students. Supports patients in Ledyard E. Ross Hall at ECU.)
- Humanitarian Patient Care Fund (Assist dental patients with financial need, with emphasis on low-cost, disease control / preventive care treatments. Supports patients in Ledyard E. Ross Hall.)
- Community Service Learning Center Patient Care Fund (Provide financial assistance for educationally beneficial dental procedures and help our patients and students. Supports patients at the community service learning centers across North Carolina.)
- Inaugural Class Patient Care Fund (Support the fund created by the Class of 2015 to provide financial need for educationally beneficial dental procedures at Ledyard E. Ross Hall at ECU.)
- ECU Smiles (Provide financial assistance for oral hygiene Instruction for children and adults in underserved areas of the North Carolina.)
- ECU Assists (Provide financial assistance to patients who seek care at the School of Dental Medicine and lack the ability to pay for the care provided.)
Support Dental Faculty and Staff
We cannot build an exceptional dental program without recruiting and retaining exceptional faculty and staff. We invite gifts to support clinical research and professional development opportunities.
- Dental Medicine Faculty Support Fund (Fund professional development and leadership opportunities for School of Dental Medicine faculty.)
- Dental Medicine Clinical Research Fund (Support dental research initiatives to advance clinical care.)
- Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics General Fund (Enrich operations of the pediatric dentistry and orthodontics department.)
- Ahoskie Community Service Learning Center General Fund (Provide funding for general operations and outreach at the Ahoskie site.)
- Spruce Pine Community Outreach Fund (Support community initiatives and operations at the Spruce Pine site.)
To create a new fund, to contribute to additional funds (June Rose Endowed Scholarship Fund, Tar River Study Club Endowed Scholarship Fund, etc.), or for information regarding other gift opportunities, please contact (252) 737-7063.