Adverse Weather and Emergency Events
For Patients of Ledyard E. Ross Hall and Hospital Dentistry Clinics
The School of Dental Medicine follows the East Carolina University Adverse Weather and Emergency Event Regulation for changes in operations for patient clinics. To stay informed about changes in clinic operations at Ledyard E. Ross Hall and Hospital Dentistry, patients are asked to call the School of Dental Medicine’s Weather line at 252-737-7860 for current information about the status of appointments.
Patients of Record at Ledyard E. Ross Hall Clinics with a dental emergency should contact the resident on call at 252-375-1914.
Patients of Record at the Hospital Dentistry Clinic (located beside the Leo Jenkins Clinic) with a dental emergency should call 252-744-4618.
For School of Dental Medicine Faculty, Staff, Students, and Residents
In the event of adverse weather or an emergency event, School of Dental Medicine faculty, staff, residents, and students will follow the Adverse Weather and Emergency Event Regulation. To stay informed about the latest announcements, visit the ECU Homepage, ECU Alert, or call the ECU Emergency Information at 252-328-0062. For further information, refer to the Adverse Weather Guidelines at Human Resources.
For Community Service Learning Centers
In the event of adverse weather, ECU School of Dental Medicine Community Service Learning Centers’ operating schedules, in consultation with the Associate Vice Chancellors for Campus Operations and Environmental Health and Campus Safety, will be based on the operating schedules of the closest higher education institutions (i.e., UNC Institution, Community College or Technical School). Patients are advised to call the Community Service Learning Center to learn the status of appointments during periods of adverse weather.
Community Service Learning Center-Ahoskie: 252-332-1904
Community Service Learning Center-Brunswick County: 910-253-9000
Community Service Learning Center-Davidson County: 336-236-0165
Community Service Learning Center-Elizabeth City: 252-331-7225
Community Service Learning Center-Lillington: 910-814-4191
Community Service Learning Center-Robeson County: 910-737-6457
Community Service Learning Center-Spruce Pine: 828-765-0110
Community Service Learning Center-Sylva: 828-586-1200
In the event of a Tornado Warning
- Rapidly gather your personal belongings and take the stairs to the first floor
- The safest location in Ross Hall is the hallway leading to Oral Pathology – All patients and providers in the Advanced Care Clinic should proceed to the hallway leading to Oral Pathology
- Sterile processing staff and materials management staff should go to the back storeroom in sterile processing
If time does not permit you to go to either of the above locations…
- Get to the safest area of your classroom or office (the inside wall) farthest away from doors and windows.
- Avoid windows, auditoriums, or other structures with wide, free-span roofs.
- Take shelter underneath any heavy furniture available. Assume a curled position so as to protect your head and eyes.
Please see Severe Weather Safety for more information.