Senior Director of Development: Jonathan L. Jones, MBA
The Office of Development is responsible for seeking and acquiring charitable gifts to support dental students, patient care, and faculty/staff. Donations are received and managed by the East Carolina University Medical & Health Sciences Foundation Inc., a 501(c)(3) organization whose purpose is to support the ECU Division of Health Sciences.
Here’s a Q&A that will give you more information. Your support is very important to our mission of educating primary care dentists who will help meet the oral health needs of rural and underserved North Carolinians.
What will my contribution support?
- Student scholarships and awards
- Establishment of a dental residency program
- Faculty development, research, and development
- State-of-the-art dental facility, Ledyard E. Ross hall (completed summer 2012, naming opportunities available), and innovative training equipment
- Community service learning centers that will provide low cost primary dental care in rural and underserved communities in North Carolina
- Development and promotion of dental practices, such as providing free dental services in communities (cleanings, fluoride treatments, sealants, and cancer screenings)
How can I donate?
You may donate to the School of Dental Medicine through these methods:
- Online: click Gift
- Cash, Check, or Credit Card: Complete a Pledge Form (PDF document download) and mail it to the ECU Medical and Health Sciences Foundation, Inc. at the address below.
- Click on Bank draft (Please write in School of Dental Medicine.)
- ECU payroll deduction (PDF document download)
- Make a Planned Gift: bequests, charitable gift annuities, endowments, and more
- Give Assets: securities, real estate, life insurance, and more
Does my company participate in a matching gift program?
Many employers will match their employees’ charitable gifts, doubling or tripling the value. Some employers match the gifts of retires and/or spouses. Click here to see if your company has a matching gift program.
Will I get a receipt for tax purposes?
Yes. Soon after your gift is received, you will receive a printed receipt for your gift. Your gift is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law.
Where do I mail my check?
Please mail your check payable to ECU Medical & Health Sciences Foundation, Inc., and mail the check and Pledge Form (PDF document download) to:
ATTN: School of Dental Medicine
2200 S. Charles Blvd., Suite 1500 | Mail Stop 659
Greenville, NC 27858
For more information, contact:
Jon Jones, Senior Director of Development
3256 Ledyard E. Ross Hall
1851 MacGregor Downs Road
Greenville, NC 27834-4354